How to add namesilo as 'another email address you own' using gmail
Namesilo has cheap domains and free WhoIs privacy. To register a domain name with Namesilo and connect it to Blogger/Blogspot follow the instructions on this link:-
Step 1 - How to Host an Email free With NameSilo
- Log in to your NameSilo admin dashboard and find/click domain manager from the right navigation buttons
- Locate the domain name you want to create the email account for and click on it
- Locate Email Forwarding from the left panel and click on Configure
- Create the email account of choice (eg. info) and add the Forwards to address (Usually your primary gmail account or email@example.com). If a warning message as seen in the image below appears, use the click here button to select and apply the Email Forwarding template.
- Click on Submit and continue to the next step.
The next screen will provide two methods to make an email forwarding address. No 2 is the quickest.
Check that the email forward is working. NOTE: NameSilo DNS records may require TTL set as 172817 (as opposed to 7207) for the email forward will configure correctly.
Step 2 - First, you must have 2 factor authentication enabled on your gmail account in order for this workaround to work. If you choose not to enable 2 factor authentication on your Google account, this work around will not function properly for you. 2 factor is required because you must use an app password for this work around.
- Take note of the app password by copying it because you’ll be making use of it in the last steps below.
- Log in to your Gmail account
- Locate & click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page and select Settings
- Navigate to the Accounts and Import
- Locate Send mail as: and click on Add another email address you own
- From the pop-up windows, enter your name and your new domain email address
- Do not deselect Treat as an Alias
- Remove the values in there and enter Google’s SMTP server values as seen in the image below
- SMTP server = smtp.gmail.com
- Username= your gmail address
- Password= your app password created in step 2 above
Gmail will send out a verification email.
- If you have namesilo configured correctly, it will come to the same email address that you are in.
- Find that email (may have to refresh/ the page to find it) and follow those instructions to verify.